S/P SLAP Repair
SLAP Repair Protocol
- 3 x 3 weeks
Physical Therapy/Sports Medicine
- Modalities as Needed
- Home Exercise Program
- PROM as tolerated immediately; advance to AAROM. AROM as tolerated to 90 degrees forward flexion and Abduction; External rotation to neutral may begin immediately.
- Pulleys OK.
- Isometrics may begin immediately.
- Elbow and wrist ROM begin immediately.
- RC strengthening may begin immediately, especially Ext Rotation & Scaption to tolerance within least painful ROM .
- AVOID biceps strengthening until 6 weeks post-op
- NO PASSIVE STRETCHING
- Progress remaining RC strengthening as tolerated.
- Modalities prn.
- Instruct on HEP: stick PROM, wall walks, etc.
- ROM restrictions & protocol changes will depend upon repair size, patient age, and patient activity level.
- If any questions or concerns, please feel free to call.